Validate Experience with Education Verification
Education verification can play an important role for your background screening procedures, especially when maintaining hiring standards. Prospective employers want to ensure that applicants have the skills, certifications, and educational background necessary for the job, and often request this product to verify that the applicant has received an education from the institution(s) listed on their application.
The applicant must acknowledge that a background check is being run. Some institutions require a written consent to verify student information. In this circumstance, DISA’s backgrounds team will request a copy of the applicant’s authorization. To process the verification, we will need the following:
- Applicant’s consent
- School name
- Year graduated
- Major/degree(s) earned
- Dates attended
Once our backgrounds team receives this information, they then can move forward with the verification process as follows:
- Check the National Student Clearinghouse
- (fees to access this database will be charged in addition to DISA’s education product fee)
- Directly contact the institution (if required)
- DISA will make 3 attempts to verify applicant’s information (each on separate days)
- Each attempt will be documented in the DISA 2.0 Order Communications Log
DISA helps customers achieve accurate verification results with the help of our professional backgrounds team who can customize employment screening to fit your industry needs.
For more information on education verification contact 1-800-752-6432