DISA Global Solutions launches a quarterly Owner Survey focused on trending topics/challenges to provide facility owners with specific industry insight so that they can make better, more informed decisions for their businesses. By collecting, organizing, and reporting on workplace safety practices from both upstream and downstream owners, employers gain new knowledge by comparing their own practices to help adjust their policies to meet industry standards.
The COVID-19 pandemic has made significant changes to businesses, including their reopening plans, safety measures, and drug testing policies. With such drastic changes, DISA explored hiring issues and workforce challenges in the Q1 2022 quarterly Owner Survey. We had more than 60 sites in the oil & gas, chemical, and energy markets participate helping employers receive in-depth knowledge to compare their facilities to others across the industry.
*Owner Survey results are confidential and are not shared, except when included in a high-level analysis like this report. 70+% of owners that participated are using DISA Global Solutions in some capacity for drug testing.
Here are a few key takeaways from the Q1 2022 Owner Survey blog that will help you compare your best practices across industry standards:
• 60% of owners have been impacted by the increase in job turnover over the last 6 months with one out of three owners being heavily impacted
• 45% of owners are having a harder time finding contractors today vs. 2019 with 28% who say it’s “much harder to find contractors”
• 87% of owners are now tracking vaccination status of employees/contractors
• 88% of owners are no longer pushing planned projects/shutdowns back due to COVID
• The most common challenges owners were seeing from their contractors include:
- 60% - Delays in Drug Testing Compliance
- 51% - General Labor Pool Lacking Locally
- 15% - Delays in Background Check
- 13% - Covid Restrictions
Would you like to participate in the Owner Survey?
We’re always looking to increase the number of participants in our Owner Survey!
If you’re an owner or operator and would like to participate in our upcoming quarterly 2022 surveys, please email email@example.com. Participants will receive a report highlighting how their answers compare to the 2021 Owner Survey participants, along with a custom analysis. They will also be included in the quarterly 2022 Owner Survey data sets.
Are you an employer and still have questions regarding employment screening?
DISA can help! Get answers directly from DISA’s subject matter experts with ‘Ask DISA.’
Visit www.askdisa.com to ask your questions today.
About DISA Global Solutions
Founded in 1986, DISA is the industry-leading provider of employee screening and compliance services. Headquartered in Houston, with more than 35 offices throughout the U.S. and Canada, DISA’s comprehensive scope of services includes drug and alcohol testing, background check, occupational health, and transportation compliance. DISA assists employers in making informed staffing decisions while building a culture of safety in their workplace