DISA Global Solutions is pleased to announce that our very own Dr. Kimberly A. Olszewski, DNP, RN, CRNP, COHN-S/CM, FAAOHN, FAAN, was appointed President of the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses (AAOHN) on March 17, 2021. Inducted to the board in September 2020, Dr. Olszewski remained focused on advancing her already unmatched industry knowledge and expertise to officially be elected as President, leading the expansive panel of board members.
Additionally, Dr. Olszewski is an ANCC board-certified adult nurse practitioner, Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist, Case Manager from the American Board of Occupational Health Nurses (ABOHN), and previously served as President of the Northeast Association of Occupational Health Nurses and the Pennsylvania Association of Occupational Health Nurses. Her impressive list of achievements, accolades, and ever-growing industry expertise further enhances DISA’s reputation as a leader in occupational health services and other employment safety and screening offerings.
What Is the AAOHN?
The AAOHN aims to ensure that work and workplace community environments remain safe and healthy. According to their website, the significant roles and responsibilities of the AAOHN are as follows:
- Define the scope of practice and set standards for occupation and environmental health nurses.
- Develop standards of professional conduct for the occupational and environmental nurse as described in the AAOHN Code of Ethics.
- Promote the health and safety of work and workplace communities.
- Promote and provide continuous learning opportunities for occupational and environmental health nurses and professionals offered through the AAOHN Academy.
- Advance the profession by encouraging and facilitating research.
- Advocate for occupational and environmental health nursing in business, hospitals, government and other professional areas.
- Respond to issues critical to the practice of occupational and environmental nursing.
What Does This Mean For DISA?
Dr. Olszewski is one of many talented and dedicated subject matter experts (SMEs) who represents DISA and spend years perfecting their specializations to become distinguished sources. DISA takes great pride in the individuals who attribute to our success and help ensure we remain one of the most reputable TPA’s in our industry. We value our team members and find it imperative to encourage career growth and continue building accomplished teams in each of our departments and locations.
About DISA Global Solutions
Founded in 1986, DISA is the industry-leading provider of employee screening and compliance services. Headquartered in Houston, with more than 35 offices throughout the U.S. and Canada, DISA’s comprehensive scope of services includes drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health, and transportation compliance. DISA assists employers in making informed staffing decisions while building a culture of safety in their workplace.