DISA Global Solutions conducts an Owner Survey quarterly to provide facility owners with specific industry insight so they can make more informed business decisions. We gathered feedback from diversified industrial owners within our consortium about their individual employee screening processes to better understand industry best practices and share them with other owners.
In the Q3 2022 Owner Survey, DISA focused on Site Access Requirements, with more than 60 sites in the oil & gas, chemical, and energy markets that participated, helping employers receive in-depth knowledge to compare their facilities to others across the industry.
*Owner Survey results are confidential and are not shared, except when included in a high-level analysis like this report. 70+% of owners that participated are using DISA Global Solutions in some capacity for drug testing.
Here are a few key takeaways from the Q3 2022 Owner Survey blog that will help you compare your best practices across industry standards:
• 73% of owners offer temporary passes or exceptions for contractor employee property access (drug test requirements) with 64% of those requiring quick/instant tests to be completed
- 65% of owners also offer temporary passes or exceptions with background requirements
• 71% of owners are most concerned with compliance turnaround time, while 23% are concerned with compliance monitoring, and the remaining 6% with costs
• 85% of owners utilize an access control system (e.g., Lenel, Gallagher, Helipass, Dataflight, etc.)
• 31% of owners capture custom assigned/employee IDs as their unique identifiers in their access control system
- 25% Badge IDs
- 19% Social Security Numbers
- 8% DISA Contractor ID (DISA Mandate Facility)
Would you like to participate in the Owner Survey?
We’re always looking to increase the number of participants in our Owner Survey!
If you’re an owner or operator and would like to participate in our upcoming quarterly 2022 surveys, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants will receive a report highlighting how their answers compare to the 2021 Owner Survey participants, along with a custom analysis. They will also be included in the quarterly 2022 Owner Survey data sets.
Are you an employer and still have questions regarding employment screening?
DISA can help! Get answers directly from DISA’s subject matter experts with ‘Ask DISA.’
Visit www.askdisa.com to ask your questions today.
About DISA Global Solutions
Founded in 1986, DISA is the industry-leading provider of employee screening and compliance services. Headquartered in Houston, with more than 35 offices throughout the U.S. and Canada, DISA’s comprehensive scope of services includes drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health, and transportation compliance. DISA assists employers in making informed staffing decisions while building a culture of safety in their workplace.