Each quarter, DISA Global Solutions launches an Owner Survey focused on trending topics/challenges to provide facility owners with a comprehensive understanding of peer best practices. By collecting, organizing, and reporting on workplace safety practices from both upstream and downstream owners, employers gain new knowledge by comparing their own practices to help adjust their policies to meet industry standards.
Since 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic has made significant changes to businesses, including their reopening plans, safety measures, and drug testing policies. With such drastic changes, DISA altered the annual survey to be conducted quarterly to provide further insight. Q3 2021’s quarterly Owner Survey included over 60 sites in the oil & gas, chemical, and energy markets that participated.
*Owner Survey results are confidential and are not shared, except when included in a high-level analysis like this report. 70+% of owners that participated are using DISA Global Solutions in some capacity for drug testing.
>>Download the full 2021 Owner Survey with individual questions and detailed analysis<<
Here are a few key takeaways from the Q3 2021 Owner Survey blog that will help you make better-informed decisions for your business:
- 68% of owners limited on-site access to essential employees ONLY during the peak of the pandemic, with 80% today who now allow all employees and contractors.
- Additional screening procedures, including temperature checks and questionnaires, increased by over 70% during the pandemic, with 22% of owners continuing those procedures today.
- Only 6% of owners suspended employee screening and random drug testing practices.
- Over 80% of owners have created (or intend to create) a preparedness plan for dealing with future pandemics.
- 79% implemented COVID-19 safety restrictions around shift changes (E.G., mask mandates, social distancing, cleaning protocols.)
- With the increase of COVID delta variant cases and vaccination statuses, we’re starting to see owners requiring proof of vaccination to enter their sites. When data was collected in July-August 2021, 96% of owners didn’t require vaccination cards for entry. As vaccinations become more readily available and worksite mandates are implemented, including the pending OSHA rules, we’re expecting a profound change in 2022.
Would you like to participate in the Owner Survey?
We’re always looking to increase the number of participants in our Owner Survey!
If you’re an owner or operator and would like to participate in our upcoming quarterly 2022 surveys, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants will receive a report highlighting how their answers compare to the 2021 Owner Survey participants, along with a custom analysis. They will also be included in the quarterly 2022 Owner Survey data sets.
Are you an employer and still have questions regarding employment screening?
DISA can help! Get answers directly from DISA’s subject matter experts with ‘Ask DISA’
Visit www.askdisa.com to ask your questions today.
About DISA Global Solutions
Founded in 1986, DISA is the industry-leading provider of employee screening and compliance services. Headquartered in Houston, with more than 35 offices throughout the U.S. and Canada, DISA’s comprehensive scope of services includes drug and alcohol testing, background check, occupational health, and transportation compliance. DISA assists employers in making informed staffing decisions while building a culture of safety in their workplace.