TAKE ADVANTAGE OF DISA’S FUEL TAX SERVICES
Fuel taxes are taxes derived from the purchase of fuels by federal, state, county, municipal governments, and regulatory agencies throughout the U.S. and Canada, which are used towards supporting funding for construction and maintenance of public streets, highways, bridges, etc. Many operations purchase diesel fuel and pay both the state and federal taxes on it, but then use/consume it in a manner that is non-taxable. DISA Transportation Compliance (DTC) can help identify areas of tax-exempt fuel use and apply for refunds to get your money back.
Benefits of DISA Fuel Tax Recovery
DTC Tax Recovery services help carriers to pay the legal minimum amount of tax owed. DTC stays on top of the ever-changing laws, tax rates, statutes of limitations, and supporting documentation requirements that are needed to know prior to filing claims at either the state or federal level.
Areas of refund possibilities on tax paid fuel may include:
- Reefer fuel refunds – fuel used to refrigerate trailers from an auxiliary tank
- PTO fuel refunds – fuel used from the primary tank to pump off product with the PTO engaged
- Regeneration fuel – fuel used for the cleaning or regeneration of a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) - an after-treatment system for exhaust generated by the propulsion of the motor of the tractor and is unnecessary for the operation of the tractor.
Other DTC Tax Recovery Services:
- Federal Excise Tax refunds (Form 2290)
- IFTA fuel tax re-process and amendments
- A thorough review of all tax-related documents, not just your tax returns
- Tax planning to prevent future overpayments
- Processing of road tax refund claims
DISA’s Transportation Compliance tax specialists have the expertise in all areas of fuel tax recovery to help you stay up-to-date on the ever-changing laws and regulations at both the state and federal levels. As a result, more than 95 percent of the carriers and operators who use the DTC for recovery and planning uncover a reduction in their tax obligations.
TOP OFF YOUR SAVINGS
DISA’s transportation compliance team has the knowledge and experience to help you save the maximum amount of taxes.
Call us at 281-730-5509 or contact us online below.