FUEL TAX COMPLIANCE
Under the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), carriers are required to file a quarterly fuel tax report for distance traveled and fuel quantity purchased in all participating jurisdictions in which they operated. Exemptions include Mexican States, Washington DC, Hawaii, Alaska, and Canadian territories.
It is extremely important for carriers to maintain accurate record-keeping for all IFTA and Non-IFTA reported vehicles. Failure to maintain accurate, readily available, and easy-to-understand distance and fuel records can allow an auditor to apply a default MPG/KPL to your fleet, which will result in additional tax due, including hefty penalty and interest. Furthermore, if records are found to be insufficient to audit, then auditors will most likely be back sooner rather than later.
The DISA Transportation Compliance team (DTC) is a turn-key solution for carriers needing assistance with fuel tax reporting and compliance management. Working with multiple data formats, including paper, DISA provides preparation of all applicable IFTA and mileage tax returns, in addition to free audit support for all returns prepared by DISA.
To help you manage your fuel tax reporting and compliance, DISA offers a comprehensive solution for IFTA fuel taxes which include:
- Compatibility for both U.S. and Canada based carriers
- Automated GPS distance processing
- Monthly and quarterly settlement/broker reporting
- Web-based reporting with real-time access
- Reconciliation of fuel, dispatch, odometer, and GPS
- Reporting for over 60 items, including GPS, fleet MPG, fuel summary and detail, and Discrepancy Resolution
- IFTA/Mileage tax audit support is included at no additional cost
- All IFTA and State Mileage rates are maintained
- FTP site provided for data collection if needed
- Multiple service levels, from full service to self-service, to suit your unique needs
The DISA’s Transportation Compliance team offers a single source solution for all of your fuel tax reporting and compliance needs, with real-time access to your IFTA fuel tax database and reports!
ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR FUEL TAX REPORTING AND COMPLIANCE
Call us at 281-730-5509 or contact us online below.